5 Advantages of a Maintenance Free Deck
When building a deck, materials are the key component. Before, wood was the main material used lasting around 10 years, but at the end of that 10 years the deck looked rotted, cracked, and warped. Now, Green Bay Decking, servicing Halethorpe, has developed different options of composite decking that mimic wood in their colors and style for your maintenance free deck.
Here are 5 advantages of a maintenance free deck from Green Bay Decking.
- Safety: A maintenance free composite deck is slip-resistant, saving customers from terrible falls. The deck also won’t splinter saving your feet from splinters. Composite decks are barefoot friendly; you can be barefoot all summer!
- Maintenance Free: When you choose a Green Bay Deck, you’re not only getting a quality deck, but a maintenance free deck. With interlocking boards, leaves and debris won’t get stuck in between the cracks, guaranteeing that it’s virtually maintenance free.
- Durability: A maintenance free composite deck can withstand virtually any weather. It won’t crack, rot, warp, or need restaining, offering another aspect of a maintenance free deck.
- Colors: Green Bay Decking offers a variety of color options for your maintenance free deck: rustic red, copper canyon, driftwood, boardwalk gray, tanned leather, tree bark, and river stone. In addition to the range of deck colors, Green Bay Decking offers matching railings to go with your beautiful new maintenance free deck.
- Value: While composite decking may seem expensive in the beginning, it’s worth its value in the long term. Wood decks normally last for 10-15 years, but a composite deck can nearly double that time span and still look fairly new. Most decks need to be restained or have boards replaced but with the maintenance free composite decks, you won’t need to replace any boards or restain.